Multimedia Technology programme offered by Middle East college aims to equip students to cater to the market needs of multimedia technologies and related areas. The programme is designed for Diploma and Bachelor aspirants, in such a way that it includes both theories and practices, which are appropriate to the students at various levels. The art of programming, creativity, technology integration and ability to develop systems based on requirement specification, has been made as an integral part of the programme.
The programme encompasses the key concepts of multimedia and associated modules, hardware, software, tools, techniques, creativity and content development. Planning and development of multimedia production by using the components like graphics, audio, video, text and animation form part of the learning objectives. The course provides opportunities for students to be trained in activities such as animation specialists, media strategy developer, game builder and so on.
From the regional perspective, Multimedia Technology programme also addresses the development of required skills for the web development and content development. Furthermore, the programme helps the students to identify the good practices across the globe and adapt the same for the regional needs. In a very innovative way, the programme has been designed to meet the needs and expectations of industries, related communities, customers and the consumers. Further attempts are explored for embedding abreast technologies related to mobile development technologies, pervasive computing, geographic information systems, human computer interactions and user interactions within the learning and these concepts are incorporated into the Multimedia Technology programme to meet the future needs of the industries.
The programmes aim to:
• hone transferable skills
• Facilitate incorporation of variety of assessment skills.
• Cater to Media and industry demands at regional as well as global level
• Provide Entrepreneurship opportunity for small scale start-ups
• Support skilled personnel for secondary market needs in computer and information technology domain (Graphics, video, animations etc. which normally requires for all)
• Facilitate inter disciples learning opportunities for higher studies like computer vision, image processing etc.
The associated job markets opportunities are:
• Digital Media Artist
• Sound Engineer
• Web Designer
• Web Developer
• Film and Video Editor
• Game Designer
• Dubbing Artist
• Game Developer
• Creative Director
• Media Artist
• Game Programmer
• Mobile Application Developer
• Content Designer
• Media Analyst or Strategist
• Graphic Designer