Industry Engagement, Placement and Entrepreneurship Office handles handle all issues related to student internships, placements, industry relations and entrepreneurship
The Unit links the college and the Industry and promotes the interests of the college and its students. The most important task of the Unit is to create placement and training opportunities for graduating students and Alumni. The department directs, guides and helps them to take the right career path.
Some other activities conducted by the Unit are organising career fairs and MEC Winter School Program, conducting workshops, and campus interviews. These events enhance and increase the employability of our students. Students will also have the chance to explore job-search strategies, industry interaction, learn soft skills, learn how to write CVs, and how to demonstrate and develop their employability skills, and experience interviews.
- To centralise the flow of communication between various MEC departments and industry.
- To create training or recruitment opportunities for every MEC graduate.
- To break the barriers between the students and industry.
- To widen student awareness of the Omani industries.
- To help students decide on the right career path.
- To inform the industry about MEC and its students.
- To provide students with the required set of skills to successfully pass in an interview.
- To equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills that will enable them to survive in a job environment.
- To understand the needs of the industry in creating or producing employable personnel.
- To identify potential employers in the Omani Industry.
- Provide employers with suitable candidates.
- Facilitate employment processes for employers. (provide CVs, graduates lists, arrange campus interviews, etc.)
- Guide and assist students in finding suitable job and internship opportunities.
- Guide and assist students in choosing the right career path.
- Connect the college with MEC alumni.
- Build relations with industry.
- Conduct and organise seminars, workshops and fairs that are related to employability, work and entrepreneurship skills.
- Facilitate and coordinate international exchange programs for MEC students.
- Conduct and organise exchange programs for international students in Oman.
- Maintain relations with international academic institutions for student exchange programs and other related matters.
|Layali Al Subhi