- Librarian (Only Omani)
Job title: Librarian
Department: Library and Learning Resources Center
Qualifications & skills required:
• Omani Candidates with a Bachelor’s in Library sciences and a minimum of 6 years’ experience or a Master’s with 3 years’ experience at the college/ university level.
• People Management Skills.
• Organization & Planning Skills.
• Interpersonal & Communication Skills (Arabic & English).
• Relevant Computer Skills including knowledge of any Library Management System.
• Plan, implement and evaluate module learning resources required for each programme offered and ensure that they are organized/ displayed accordingly.
• Manage, promote and evaluate the quality of journals, text books and other references in departments.
• Design and implement library policies and procedures, review and update when required.
• Select order and receive new books, periodicals and other materials housed in the library by working closely with the departments and academic/ non-academic staff.
• Provide orientation program for academic staff for utilization of print and non-print materials.
• Liaise with other academic and non-academic departments, external organizations and suppliers, as and when necessary.
• Review holdings of library with reference to changing curriculum of the programmes offered and plan for future requirements.
• Ensure satisfaction of library stakeholders (students and staff) by systematically collecting their feedback and suggestions and considering the implementation of them.
• Manage budgets and resources and utilize funds appropriately.
• Chair the Library Advisory Committee (LAC) meetings and see that actions on the recommendations are taken in discussion with the Management.
• Public Dealing & Liaison (with suppliers & business representatives).
• Establishment of resource sharing programme such as interlibrary loans, exchanging accession list and other information with college libraries in Muscat and abroad.
• Other duties as assigned within the scope of the job role.
Please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.